This is the companion class weblog for 'An Introduction to Catalan Culture'

What is a weblog?

A Blog (or weblog) is an online journal that can be instantly and easily updated. Sometimes a Blog can just be a list of interesting web sites, or a diary or someone's personal thoughts,or even a combination of these.

This weblog is designed to help you make the most of your stay in Barcelona.

To post to this weblog, you need to sign in first.

Registered Members:
Secilie Kui
Mari Merta
Marjolein Kok
Rita Finsland
Philippa von Gottberg
Saskia Dirkson
Laura Wright
Gemma Loughhead
Riitta Ryhta
Kiki Visschers
Oystein Oostergren
Orjan Arvola
Inge van Zeist
Karoliina Arola
Janita Somero
Narges Kolahdouz Moghaddam
Nilo Rahmani
Jop Veldpaus
Mariska Verbeek
Jo-Anne Knoops
Heli Suomala
Petri Kemilainen
Sonja Theunissen
Milka Latipää
Patricia Van Wetten
Meike Grouls
Sophie Hickman
Carley Clark
Randy Karssemakers

Catalan Culture 2004 Class Blog

jueves, diciembre 04, 2003

The Place

When I was doing researc for our silent guide project I took a tour on Barcelona´s churches. Many times I was surprised of the beauty and the glory of the churches but one of them was in its own way above all. The church is called Sant Felip Neri and it´s found next to square with the same name. I search the entrance for a while and the rang the bell of the Sant Felip Neri school. I was told that the church is closed but when I wasn’t hiding my disappointment, the teller continued that I could sure ring the doorbell and ask if I could take a look at the interior. After guidance I found the church door and rang the bell. The old janitor came to open. I explained that I’m an honest, nice student from Finland who would be wery pleased if she had a chance to take a look at the church. “Si, si!” the janitor answered and led me to the chapel. The chapel was dim and I could smell the scent of candels. And at the same time someone was playing the organs and the powerfull sound filled the whole chapel. I stayed there a moment, listend to the music and watched the church art and all that made me feel sad and happy at the same time. It was an amazing moment to remember.



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
 
 
[ contact info ]
email
icq#306078251

[ general links ]

Turismo Sant Ignasi - Escuela Universitaria ESADE

Catalan Culture


[ Weblog links ]

Puerta del Sol Blog - Reflections on life in Spain and Spanish culture

Sonar Festival 2003


[ Barcelona ]

La Mercè festival

Barcelona Acció Musical

[ Catalonia links ]

Generalitat de Catalunya

Tourism in Catalonia

[ Art & Architecture videos ]

Dalí Museum documentary

Dalí: His life through his paintings

Modernism in Barcelona

Modernist Architecture in Barcelona

Picasso's Guernica

Final Vortex (Gaudí)

[ archives ]
past entries